Thursday, October 23, 2008

5 things I didn’t know until I became a mom

(Don't hate me for continuing to use old Facebook posts. I'm taking a writing class right now and it's been taking up my writing time. Thank you to everyone who's continued to check back, regardless of the slowdown in updates. And thank you to those who have left comments - I'm sorry I haven't been replying these days. Don't lose faith! I will be back to brand new posts ASAP!)

1. That the Alphabet Song, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Baa Baa Black Sheep all have the same tune.

2. That someone could think that dipping sushi in ketchup or grapes in soy sauce is a reasonable culinary decision.

3. That sometimes diapering a toddler is more difficult than putting a tuxedo on a horse.

4. That the length of open-mouthed silence that follows the bang of a child falling down is directly proportional to the volume of the ensuing scream, once that child catches his breath.

5. That the first time a boy told you you’re beautiful has nothing on the first time it came out of the mouth of your two year old.

2 reasons for living:

Unknown said...

Great post. I love this.

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome post!

I love it!